WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1981, Touchstone Theatre is a professional not-for-profit theatre dedicated to the creation of original work. At its center is a resident ensemble of theatre artists rooted in the local community of Bethlehem, the Greater Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania and the international community of Ensemble Theatres.
1. Creates original theatre and re-imagines select texts through a heightened theatrical vocabulary.
2. Tours and presents original and ensemble-created works.
3. Offers educational programs that:
– Inspire students of any age to discover their unique creative voice.
– Provide high quality training to the next generation of theatre artists.
4. Transforms audiences through community-based theatrical productions and community-building projects.
MEET THE STAFF
Ensemble Member/General Manager
Ensemble Member / Cofounder
James P. Jordan
Ensemble Member / Artistic Director
Ensemble Member / Managing Director
Ensemble Member/Education Director
Technical Director/Facilities Manager/Administrative Assistant
MEET THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES & HONORARY COUNCIL
Board of Trustees
Neal Koplin, President
Cindy Glick, Vice President
Bekah Eichelberger, Secretary
Camille Quiba, Treasurer
James P. Jordan
Lisa M. Jordan
Ernie Thomas Stiegler
Beall and Linny* Fowler
Mrs. Katherine Merle-Smith Thomas*
* In Memoriam
ONCE UPON A TIME
It all started in the mid-1970’s…
Touchstone’s founding members were part of a series of improvisational bilingual street theatre troupes made up of professional artists, university students, local teachers and teens. These troupes brought an immediate and intimate form of theatre to area neighborhoods and parks in order to acknowledge, engage and celebrate low-income Latino and Anglo populations..READ MORE